Certification: Level 2
BA (Hons) Philosophy First Class - University of Leeds 2005
MA Philosophy with Merit - University of Leeds, 2007 (Recipient of Philosophy School Scholarship)
PhD Philosophy Institute of Education (Ongoing) (Awarded full ESRC Scholarship)
Philosophy Foundation Stage 1
Also SAPERE Level 1, 2 & 3. Accredited Trainer
Grace is a freelance philosophy teacher and consultant working in schools and communities. She established Thinking Space in 2007 believing that philosophical dialogue and enquiry can help people think and communicate their thinking more clearly. Since then Thinking Space have delivered creative projects across the UK in collaboration with The Wellcome Trust, West Yorkshire Playhouse and Cape UK.
She is a Teaching Fellow at the University of Leeds were she lectures 'Leeds Philosophy Exchange' a programme she set up that places philosophy students in local schools. She also teaches philosophy and applied ethics.
She is currently studying for a Doctorate in Philosophy of Education at the Institute of Education UCL on the puzzle of how we teach people to be good.
Grace has worked with young people for twelve years in a range of settings from nursery schools to medical schools, but she’s not always hard at it, occasionally you’ll also find her reading novels, going to gigs, climbing hills, making soup, writing in notebooks and fast asleep.
Journal paper: 'You Live and Learn: Narrative in ethical enquiry with children' Childhood and Philosophy (Forthcoming 2015)
* 'Creative Philosophical Enquiry: Twelve Tools for Talking and Thinking' http://www.capeuk.org/capeuk-resources/creative-philosophical-enquiry.html
* Conference paper: 'Skeletal Dilemmas and Flesh & Blood Narratives' Oxford UK, forthcoming 2014
* Conference paper: 'Narrative in ethical enquiry with children' ICPIC Cape Town, South Africa 2013
* Conference paper: 'Narrative in Ethical Life and Learning' L U Leuven, Belgium 2013
* Conference paper 'Agora: The Story of Leeds Philosophy Exchange', Brighton UK, 2013
*Journal Chapter: 'Teaching Applied Ethics of Sport' Published by UK Subject Centre of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism, 2011
* Research report: 'English Children’s Cultural Experience' Published by Creativity, Culture and Education 2010