DEALING WITH DECISIONS
Marshalling moral perspectives to improve our reasoning about difficult decisions.
Is it OK to stream a box set without paying?
Should I leave a note on the windscreen of the car I just scraped or leave it to their insurance?
Should I work for an oil company if it allows me to donate more money to charity?
LEARN HOW TO...
- Identify and excavate moral dilemmas
- Learn the pros and cons of classic ethical theories
- Adopt different moral perspectives appropriate to each situation
- Open up your options and reason your way towards a choice
- Have more constructive discussions on moral and political topics
WHAT WILL THIS HELP WITH?
- Understanding moral motivations in yourself and others
- Having the tools to engage with other people’s views
- Constructing and critiquing moral arguments in a variety of contexts
- Taking challenging decisions and communicating the reasoning behind them
- Resolving conflict around moral issues