Here's a Thought
Write the following question on a piece of paper, whiteboard or IWB (interactive whiteboard):
Is there a thought on this piece of paper [or whiteboard or IWB etc.]?
- What is a thought?
- Where are thoughts?
- How are thoughts created?
- Where do thoughts that aren’t being thought about go?
- Where is William Shakespeare's thought 'the wish is father to the thought' (Henry IV part two)? (Remember: WS is now dead!)
- Can a thought be on a page?
- Do thoughts move?
- Can you swap thoughts with the person next to you? Can you swap brains?
- What is the difference between brains and thoughts?
- What is the mind?
An exercise in telepathy?
Explain that you are going to perform ‘telepathy’ with the children; say that you will transfer a thought from your mind into their minds without speaking. Then, after some theatrics - such as touching your forefingers to your temples - simply write: ‘pink elephants’ on the board.
TQ: Did I just perform telepathy?
What is telepathy?
If this is not telepathy then what is?