Imagine a place called Karmaland where, whenever you do something, the same kind of thing happens to you afterwards. So, if you deliberately push someone over, ten minutes later someone will deliberately push you over; but if you help someone then a short time afterwards you will also be helped.
- Would you like to live in a place like this?
- Is Karmaland a fair place to live?
- Would you rather live in Karmaland or in the real world?
- What do you think would happen if you accidently hurt someone else?
- What if you helped someone without meaning to?
- What is fair?
- What do we mean when we say: ‘it’s not fair?
Show the first section from the Korean film Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter… and Spring (the other sections are not appropriate for young children). You may choose to show the film without subtitles, then discuss the film with the children, and then show it again with the subtitles or with over-dubbed voices for the younger ones (if the DVD has that option). Watch the film first to decide on age-group appropriateness.