The Selfish Giant (book needed)
You are going to need the book 'The Selfish Giant' by Oscar Wilde for this session.
The children love to play in the giant’s big and beautiful garden, but when he gets angry they all run away. When the giant behaves selfishly the bad weather sets in and doesn’t leave... until one day when things change again.
- Should the children play in the giant’s garden?
- Should the giant let the children play in his garden?
- Should he tell them to go away?
- Is it OK if the giant stops the children play in his garden? (it’s his garden after all)
- If someone wants to play with your favourite toy, should you let them?
- If you want to play with someone else’s toy, should they let you?