An unusual word: compline. It’s the name of the final assembly in a convent, at the end of the day. The compline ‘completes’ the day. Before we go to rest, we look back at what the day has brought.
- What happened today? Did anything happen? How did it happen that it happened?
- Is it finished, or did you leave it unfinished?
- Is there a moment that stands out, a moment that you want to take with you into tomorrow?
- Shall we sing a song together?
- Let’s think of a gesture to say ‘good bye’ to today’s day. Good night, sleep well.
omni fine initium novum
(in every end there is a new beginning)
[Pieter Mostert, 8 April 2020]
Posted by Kim Down on 8th April 2020 at 12:00am